NZZ (Nr. 23, 29.01.2013, page 6) article is almost good and informative but missing some important points that should have been mentioned.
Deadly violence in West Bank (Tödliche Gewalt in Cisjordanien)
Why i consider this NZZ article as an example of anti-Israel bias:
- Number of attacks from Palestinian Arabs (almost daily) and a constant threats to population not mentioned
- Presenting well-known ‘According to Palestinian sources’ story with the same level of credibility as IDF information before investigations.
- Using only anti-Israel vocabulary like ‘army of occupation’ (while army protects population from terror) and Cisjordan instead of Judea
- Ignoring positive information on Israel like number of Palestinian Arabs getting treatments in Israel, financial aid, employment, education etc.
- I treat this article as one in a chain of articles that present Middle East conflict in inadequately.
Sources and facts not mentioned by NZZ as follows
- Everyday Terror. Terrorists carried out a number of major attacks against Israel in 2012. But they also targeted Israeli citizens in smaller attacks just about every day.
- Shootings, Rock Hurling and Firebomb. In 2012 in Judea and Samaria, Israelis were shot at 15 times, got caught in 4,731 incidents of rock hurling, and were the targets of 642 firebombs. http://www.idfblog.com/2013/01/08/terror-attacks-in-2012-in-is
- A total of 111 security events were reported in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria during December, among them rock throwing, firebomb attacks, and stabbing attempts. Thirty of those attacks in Jerusalem during the period. Three Israeli civilians were injured in the attacks, while three security officers were injured in two separate attacks in a stabbing attack, and in an attempt to run down a security officer. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163937
- Among the acts of terror they carried out was a shooting attack on a bus that was traveling from the town of Migdal Oz in Gush Etzion. In addition, they fired shots at Migdal Oz itself, and then shot at IDF troops and security officials who came to the town in the wake of the attack. No one was injured in those attacks. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/164664
- First in the Field: Combating Daily Terror Attacks in Judea & Samaria http://www.idfblog.com/2013/01/17/first-in-the-field-combating-daily-terror-attacks-in-judea-samaria/
- Police: Palestinian stabs, moderately hurts Jew in W. Bank http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=301395